Football girl

SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!!

Monday, May 15, 2006

IMG_1507

On Friday we had a Samoan Art Festival. We had so many dances and songs. I loved all the beautiful puletasi and lavalava. The puletasi that I like the most was the Explorers, the Voyagers, and the Preschoolers.

IMG_1490

We all worked so hard. Our class would practice on Mondays and Fridays.There was so much hectic when we would have to meet up with middle schoolers, but we could handle it.Then we had someone come and measure us girls.

The best part I think I liked the most was when we were yelling out "coohoo." Another thing I liked was dancing with the taupous. I also had fun shoving money down peoples clothes. I loved the dances, clothes, and always the food.

I think the reasons why we would have the Samoan Art Festival is because so then us students could show new comers what samoans would do. Another reason is that we just do it to have fun, dance and dress up. Also because its Polynesian week.

Davalynn as taupou

I had so much fun. But the thing I kind of didn't like was that our adventurer boys were too scared to take off the shirts and that the middle school boys didn't choohoo. Well, anyways I had so much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home